Event Ideas for Homeschool Groups
We invite your homeschool group to celebrate the importance of homeschooling during National School Choice Week. You can plan any type of event, meeting, or activity during NSCW. Whatever you choose to plan, make sure that it meets your goals, and that it’s fun and celebratory! Here are 10 event ideas to inspire your own creativity:
- Bring homeschooling families together for a celebratory breakfast, lunch or dinner, and take photos of parents and kids wearing their yellow fleece scarves.
- Host an information session for prospective homeschool parents to explain what they can expect if they choose to educate their children in the home.
- Host a homeschool talent show.
- Free Printable Activities: Download and print word searches, mazes, quizzes and more. These sheets combine fun, learning activities while celebrating National School Choice Week or plan a poster and essay contest for homeschooling students and host an informal awards ceremony.
- Arrange a display of art projects created by talented homeschool students.
- Set up meetings with local elected officials, such as a mayor, and explain how
homeschooling benefits the community.
- Plan a group community service project.
- Arrange a group field trip to your state capitol and have students learn more about
- Print out our “I Love Homeschooling” sign and take photos with students and
- Learn and perform the NSCW dance and video it and share it with us using #schoolchoice.