- Your State
– Students, teachers and staff at Acorn Elementary and High School in Mena, Arkansas are excited to announce that they will be celebrating National School Choice Week with a special spotlight event! To celebrate National School Choice Week, Acorn Elementary School and Acorn High School will be kicking off their outdoor learning in their 15 acre outdoor classroom. The themes for the week will be: Project Wild – teaches about the wildlife in Arkansas, Project Learning Tree – outdoor education, and Pause for Inspiration – nature journaling to make the right choices. Special speakers will include Casey Hardaway – Arkansas Game and Fish Commission, Southwest Regional Educator, Sheila Connerly – Project Wild Coordinator for Arkansas, Arkansas Game and Fish Commission.
– This event is hosted by the Acorn Elementary and High School.
– Jan 17-20 from 8:00 AM to 11:00 AM.
– Acorn Elementary and High School, 143 Polk Road 96 in Mena.
– This event is not open to the public.
This special event will celebrate school choice options available for children and families across Arkansas.
For more information about Acorn Elementary and High School please contact Kathy Rusert at [email protected]
National School Choice Week shines a spotlight on effective education options for children and is the world’s largest celebration of opportunity in K-12 education.
As a not-for-profit effort, we focus equally on traditional public, charter, magnet, online, private, and home education options. We are nonpolitical and nonpartisan, and we do not advocate for legislation.
Every January, our participants plan tens of thousands of events and activities – such as school fairs, open houses, and student showcases – to raise awareness about school choice across all 50 states. Year-round, National School Choice Week develops resources and guides to assist families searching for schools or learning environments for their children.
"Shining a spotlight on effective educational options for every child"