- Your State
Celebrate National School Choice Week and showcase your creativity by participating in the Alabama School Choice Week Photo Contest!
– Teachers, students, and classrooms are invited to post a photo on social media that creatively shows their support for school choice, using #AlabamaSchoolChoice. This can be a screenshot of a Zoom classroom, a photo of a decorated classroom or door, a photo of students holding up signs, or anything else you can think of to show your school spirit!
– The top three photos with the most likes on social media will win prizes. First prize will be a $750 Amazon gift card; second prize will be a $500 Amazon gift card, and third prize will be a $250 Amazon gift card.
– The Alabama School Choice Week Photo Contest is open to all K-12 students and educators in Alabama.
– This event is hosted by the Alabama Opportunity Scholarship Fund.
– The contest is open now through Thursday, Jan. 28.
– Winners will be announced on Friday, Jan. 29 at noon.
– Use #AlabamaSchoolChoice on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram to enter the contest.
For more information, contact Julie Benz at 224-234-3423 or [email protected].
This special event will celebrate school choice options available for children and families across the state. This event, which is one of National School Choice Week’s official flagship events for the state, will take place virtually. For a detailed guide to school choice in Alabama please visit the Alabama School Choice Roadmap.
National School Choice Week shines a spotlight on effective education options for children and is the world’s largest celebration of opportunity in K-12 education.
As a not-for-profit effort, we focus equally on traditional public, charter, magnet, online, private, and home education options. We are nonpolitical and nonpartisan, and we do not advocate for legislation.
Every January, our participants plan tens of thousands of events and activities – such as school fairs, open houses, and student showcases – to raise awareness about school choice across all 50 states. Year-round, National School Choice Week develops resources and guides to assist families searching for schools or learning environments for their children.
"Shining a spotlight on effective educational options for every child"