- Your State
Celebrate National School Choice Week in Arkansas by participating in the Arkansas #SchoolChoiceWeek Dance Challenge or Arkansas School Choice Week Essay Contest for a chance to win social media recognition and prizes!
– For the dance challenge, the Reform Alliance will share videos of the choreography and invite the public to share videos of themselves performing the dance to compete for social media recognition and a Swag Bag.
– In partnership with the Arkansas State Teachers Association, The Reform Alliance will also be engaging 5-12th grade students in the National School Choice Week celebration with an essay competition. Three $500 prizes will be awarded.
– The dance contest is open to all community members in Arkansas, and the essay contest is open to all 5-12th grade Arkansas students.
– Both contests are hosted by The Reform Alliance.
– Dance and essay contest entries must be submitted by Sunday, Jan. 31, and the winners will be announced Wed. Feb. 3.
– For the dance challenge, participants can enter by sharing a video of themselves doing the dance and tagging The Reform Alliance on Facebook or @arreformalliance on TikTok.
– For the essay contest, participants can enter using the Arkansas School Choice Week Essay Entry Form.
This special event will celebrate school choice options available for children and families across the state. This event, which is one of National School Choice Week’s official flagship events for the state, will take place virtually. For a detailed guide to school choice in Arkansas please visit the Arkansas School Choice Roadmap.
National School Choice Week shines a spotlight on effective education options for children and is the world’s largest celebration of opportunity in K-12 education.
As a not-for-profit effort, we focus equally on traditional public, charter, magnet, online, private, and home education options. We are nonpolitical and nonpartisan, and we do not advocate for legislation.
Every January, our participants plan tens of thousands of events and activities – such as school fairs, open houses, and student showcases – to raise awareness about school choice across all 50 states. Year-round, National School Choice Week develops resources and guides to assist families searching for schools or learning environments for their children.
"Shining a spotlight on effective educational options for every child"