- Your State
– Students, teachers and staff at Big Shoulders Fund in Chicago, Illinois are excited to announce that they will be celebrating National School Choice Week with a special spotlight event! The event will feature pop-up “My School Options” information tables at popular grocery store locations and apartment complexes, as well as My School Options Parent Meetings with mini-school fairs at local churches, Boys & Girls Clubs, and Community Centers. There will be 17 events: 4 Grocery stores 2 Apartment Management Offices 7 Churches 4 Boys and Girls Clubs and a Community Center.
These events will run from January 10 – February 4, 2022. No registration is required for the pop-up tables. Parents will be able to register for the Parent Meetings at the pop-up tables in real-time.
– This event is open to the public.
– This event is hosted by the Big Shoulders Fund.
– January 10-February 4, 2022
– VARIOUS LOCATIONS THROUGHOUT NORTHWEST INDIANA
This special event will celebrate school choice options available for children and families across Illinois.
For more information about Big Shoulders Fund please contact Gisele Jones at [email protected]
National School Choice Week shines a spotlight on effective education options for children and is the world’s largest celebration of opportunity in K-12 education.
As a not-for-profit effort, we focus equally on traditional public, charter, magnet, online, private, and home education options. We are nonpolitical and nonpartisan, and we do not advocate for legislation.
Every January, our participants plan tens of thousands of events and activities – such as school fairs, open houses, and student showcases – to raise awareness about school choice across all 50 states. Year-round, National School Choice Week develops resources and guides to assist families searching for schools or learning environments for their children.
"Shining a spotlight on effective educational options for every child"