- Your State
California parents and educators, celebrate National School Choice Week with a virtual webinar on school choice hosted by the California School Choice Foundation!
– Hear from school choice champions and parents about their advocacy efforts during an informational panel!
– Featured panelists: Corey DeAngelis, director of school choice at the Reason Foundation; Gloria Romero, former California state senator; Ashley Gilliam, advocate for youth and education; and Michael Alexander and Stephen Smith of the California School Choice Foundation
– This informational panel is open to everyone across the state of California.
– This virtual event is hosted by the California School Choice Foundation.
– 3:00 p.m. PST on Saturday, Jan. 31, 2021
– Online! For more details, RSVP to Anne Marie Simoneau at [email protected].
This special event will celebrate school choice options available for children and families across the state. This event, which is one of National School Choice Week’s official flagship events for the state, will take place virtually. For a detailed guide to school choice in California please visit the California School Choice Roadmap.
National School Choice Week shines a spotlight on effective education options for children and is the world’s largest celebration of opportunity in K-12 education.
As a not-for-profit effort, we focus equally on traditional public, charter, magnet, online, private, and home education options. We are nonpolitical and nonpartisan, and we do not advocate for legislation.
Every January, our participants plan tens of thousands of events and activities – such as school fairs, open houses, and student showcases – to raise awareness about school choice across all 50 states. Year-round, National School Choice Week develops resources and guides to assist families searching for schools or learning environments for their children.
"Shining a spotlight on effective educational options for every child"