- Your State
– Students, teachers and staff at Christian School of York in York, Pennsylvania are excited to announce that they will be celebrating National School Choice Week with a special spotlight event! Christian School of York will be completing a school-wide community service initiative called “Community Clean-Up Week” to celebrate National School Choice Week and kick off our enrollment season! Our younger students will clean and scrub their classrooms, lunchrooms, and special rooms (Art, STEM, music room etc). We will also send older students to the park across the street to clean up trash. We will send students to join our Facilities Manager to see what needs to be fixed and cleaned around our campus. Lastly, we are opening up our initiative to our own teachers and staff who live in close proximity to our school to see if our students can assist in their much-needed yard work. It is the heart of the Christian School of York to make service a passion for each one of our students! While this learning always starts close to home, we will begin there and expand as we see more needs arise!
– This event is open to the public.
– This event is hosted by the Christian School of York.
– January 24-28 from 1:00 PM to 2:30 PM.
– Couselor Park, 1060 Church Rd in York.
This special event will celebrate school choice options available for children and families across Pennsylvania.
For more information about Christian School of York please contact Sherry Kent at [email protected]
National School Choice Week shines a spotlight on effective education options for children and is the world’s largest celebration of opportunity in K-12 education.
As a not-for-profit effort, we focus equally on traditional public, charter, magnet, online, private, and home education options. We are nonpolitical and nonpartisan, and we do not advocate for legislation.
Every January, our participants plan tens of thousands of events and activities – such as school fairs, open houses, and student showcases – to raise awareness about school choice across all 50 states. Year-round, National School Choice Week develops resources and guides to assist families searching for schools or learning environments for their children.
"Shining a spotlight on effective educational options for every child"