- Your State
– Students, teachers and staff at The Foundation Academy in Jacksonville, Florida are excited to announce that they will be celebrating National School Choice Week with a special spotlight event! The Foundation Academy is proud to participate, for the 7th year, in the City of Jacksonville, FL 41st edition of the MLK Holiday Grand Parade being held on Monday, January 17, 2022, in Downtown Jacksonville. The design of the float will have cut outs of various diverse people, adults, and children, holding hands. While wearing their National School Choice Week scarves, The Foundation Academy elementary students will be holding hands while riding on the float and middle and high school students will hold up hearts with the words Hope, Love, Unity, Equality, Equity and Stronger Together written on them. These same themes are representative of the messaging of parents being empowered to help their children achieve their dreams through educational options.
– This event is open to the public.
– This event is hosted by the The Foundation Academy.
– January 17, 2022 from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
– Downtown Jacksonville, in Jacksonville.
This special event will celebrate school choice options available for children and families across Florida.
For more information about The Foundation Academy please contact Tia Unthank at [email protected]
National School Choice Week shines a spotlight on effective education options for children and is the world’s largest celebration of opportunity in K-12 education.
As a not-for-profit effort, we focus equally on traditional public, charter, magnet, online, private, and home education options. We are nonpolitical and nonpartisan, and we do not advocate for legislation.
Every January, our participants plan tens of thousands of events and activities – such as school fairs, open houses, and student showcases – to raise awareness about school choice across all 50 states. Year-round, National School Choice Week develops resources and guides to assist families searching for schools or learning environments for their children.
"Shining a spotlight on effective educational options for every child"