- Your State
Celebrate National School Choice Week by sharing why you love the way you learn in Iowa! Another way to celebrate in the state is by dancing – submit a dance video to win a prize!
– “Why I Love to Learn” contest: Students can submit videos sharing why they love their learning choice for a chance to win a Lenova Chromebook.
– Dance contest: Families, classrooms, and friends can submit dance videos using the official National School Choice Week song for a chance to win a prize party.
– The contests are open to all Iowa K-12 students (and their families or fellow performers).
– The contests are hosted by Iowa Alliance for Choice in Education.
– Submissions are welcome until Friday, Jan. 15, 2021.
– Winners will be announced during National School Choice Week (Jan. 24-30, 2021).
– Students in every region of Iowa are welcome to participate in these online contests.
– Learn how to showcase your learning choice or dance moves at https://www.iowaace.org/.
This special event will celebrate school choice options available for children and families across the state. This event, which is one of National School Choice Week’s official flagship events for the state, will take place virtually. For a detailed guide to school choice in Iowa please visit the Iowa School Choice Roadmap.
National School Choice Week shines a spotlight on effective education options for children and is the world’s largest celebration of opportunity in K-12 education.
As a not-for-profit effort, we focus equally on traditional public, charter, magnet, online, private, and home education options. We are nonpolitical and nonpartisan, and we do not advocate for legislation.
Every January, our participants plan tens of thousands of events and activities – such as school fairs, open houses, and student showcases – to raise awareness about school choice across all 50 states. Year-round, National School Choice Week develops resources and guides to assist families searching for schools or learning environments for their children.
"Shining a spotlight on effective educational options for every child"