- Your State
– Students, teachers and staff at Moms for Liberty Lexington County in Lexington, South Carolina are excited to announce that they will be celebrating National School Choice Week with a special spotlight event! The South Carolina School Choice Week Celebration will be taking place at the South Carolina State House in the heart of Columbia. Families and Friends will be sharing in the joy of having the freedom to educate ourselves and children in the way that is best for them! Come learn what it means to have a school of choice. Meet representatives from all facets of education including private schools, homeschool associations, learning pods, magnet schools, charter, virtual, and many more! Learn about current and proposed legislation our state is working on to protect parents and students rights to a safe and prosperous future. Get to know the candidates that are running for State Superintendent of Education, local school board, and local legislators who are standing with families of South Carolina. Moms For Liberty-Lexington County, is working to make sure this is a fun and informative event for all ages! Special speakers will include Congressman Joe Wilson, Rep. RJ May, Candidate for Superintendent of education, Kizzie Gibson, Trinity Homeschool Academy Founder Michelle Shearin.
– This event is open to the public.
– This event is hosted by the Moms for Liberty Lexington County.
– January 29, 2022 from 2:00 PM to 4:00 PM.
– South Carolina State House, 1100 Gervais St in Columbia.
This special event will celebrate school choice options available for children and families across South Carolina.
For more information about the event or Moms for Liberty Lexington County please contact Kourtney Ohara at [email protected]
National School Choice Week shines a spotlight on effective education options for children and is the world’s largest celebration of opportunity in K-12 education.
As a not-for-profit effort, we focus equally on traditional public, charter, magnet, online, private, and home education options. We are nonpolitical and nonpartisan, and we do not advocate for legislation.
Every January, our participants plan tens of thousands of events and activities – such as school fairs, open houses, and student showcases – to raise awareness about school choice across all 50 states. Year-round, National School Choice Week develops resources and guides to assist families searching for schools or learning environments for their children.
"Shining a spotlight on effective educational options for every child"