- Your State
Learn more about school options in southern Nevada by attending a virtual open house at Nevada State High School during National School Choice Week!
– An opportunity to virtually meet Nevada State High School staff and students, tour the school’s locations, learn more about its program, and ask any questions you may have.
– Nevada State High School is a unique tuition-free charter school where juniors and seniors get a headstart on college by taking real college courses with real college professors on college and university campuses in Nevada.
– Both new and returning students and their families are welcome at these sessions. The virtual open houses are hosted by Nevada State High School.
– Virtual open houses will be held 5-6 p.m. PST on January 25 and January 28.
– The virtual open houses will take place over Zoom.
This special event will celebrate school choice options available for children and families across the state. This event, which is one of National School Choice Week’s official flagship events for the state, will take place virtually. For a detailed guide to school choice in Nevada please visit the Nevada School Choice Roadmap.
National School Choice Week shines a spotlight on effective education options for children and is the world’s largest celebration of opportunity in K-12 education.
As a not-for-profit effort, we focus equally on traditional public, charter, magnet, online, private, and home education options. We are nonpolitical and nonpartisan, and we do not advocate for legislation.
Every January, our participants plan tens of thousands of events and activities – such as school fairs, open houses, and student showcases – to raise awareness about school choice across all 50 states. Year-round, National School Choice Week develops resources and guides to assist families searching for schools or learning environments for their children.
"Shining a spotlight on effective educational options for every child"