- Your State
Oklahoma families, educators, and community members will celebrate National School Choice Week with the fifth consecutive Parent Power Summit & Education Expo! This year’s summit will be entirely virtual, featuring a week of online activities broadcasted live via the ChoiceMatters Facebook page.
– Broadcasts highlighting different aspects of school choice, including private school options, charter schools, tax-credit scholarships and other scholarship opportunities, and COVID-19 as a catalyst for parent involvement.
– Student performances, videos highlighting choice schools on-site, and meaningful discussions with education reform experts on the advantages of educational choice.
– Free t-shirts and other prizes for the first 400 registrants.
– The virtual events will feature students, parents, and educators, and all Oklahomans interested in learning more about K-12 education are invited to attend.
– This event is hosted by ChoiceMatters.
– The Parent Power Summit & Education Expo will take place 6-8 p.m. on Jan. 25-29, 2021.
This special event will celebrate school choice options available for children and families across the state. This event, which is one of National School Choice Week’s official flagship events for the state, will take place virtually. For a detailed guide to school choice in Oklahoma please visit the Oklahoma School Choice Roadmap.
National School Choice Week shines a spotlight on effective education options for children and is the world’s largest celebration of opportunity in K-12 education.
As a not-for-profit effort, we focus equally on traditional public, charter, magnet, online, private, and home education options. We are nonpolitical and nonpartisan, and we do not advocate for legislation.
Every January, our participants plan tens of thousands of events and activities – such as school fairs, open houses, and student showcases – to raise awareness about school choice across all 50 states. Year-round, National School Choice Week develops resources and guides to assist families searching for schools or learning environments for their children.
"Shining a spotlight on effective educational options for every child"