- Your State
Enjoy a week of informative and inspiring virtual events celebrating K-12 learning during Tennessee School Choice Week!
– “Choice Chats” with education experts
– Parent testimonials on the power of choice
– Virtual events will feature special guests, including School Choice Week President Andrew Campanella; education policy expert Dr. Ashley Berner; and Tennessee Governor Bill Lee.
– All Tennessee educators and students are invited to participate in the activities.
– This event is hosted by the Tennessee Federation for Children.
– Monday, Jan. 25, 2021, 11:30 am EST: Parent video testimonial and Facebook Live “Choice Chat” with Andrew Campanella
– Tuesday, Jan. 26, 2021, 11:00 am EST: Parent video testimonial and Facebook Live “Choice Chat” with Mayor Jacobs
– Wednesday, Jan. 27, 2021, 11:00 am EST: Parent video testimonial and Facebook Live “Choice Chat” with Dr. Ashley Berner
– Thursday, Jan. 28, 2021, 2:00 pm EST: Parent video testimonial and “Champion of Choice Award” live-streamed
– Friday, Jan. 29, 2021, 2:00 pm EST: Social media contest winners announced
– Tennessee families and educators in every region of the state are welcome to participate in the virtual activities at Tennessee Federation for Children’s Facebook page.
This special event will celebrate school choice options available for children and families across the state. This event, which is one of National School Choice Week’s official flagship events for the state, will take place virtually. For a detailed guide to school choice in Tennessee please visit the Tennessee School Choice Roadmap.
National School Choice Week shines a spotlight on effective education options for children and is the world’s largest celebration of opportunity in K-12 education.
As a not-for-profit effort, we focus equally on traditional public, charter, magnet, online, private, and home education options. We are nonpolitical and nonpartisan, and we do not advocate for legislation.
Every January, our participants plan tens of thousands of events and activities – such as school fairs, open houses, and student showcases – to raise awareness about school choice across all 50 states. Year-round, National School Choice Week develops resources and guides to assist families searching for schools or learning environments for their children.
"Shining a spotlight on effective educational options for every child"