- Your State
During National School Choice Week, Virginia Virtual Academy will celebrate eleven years of virtual public schooling at an all-school online choice event co-hosted by the National Coalition for Public School Options.
– “VAVA Rocks Choice Event” highlighting virtual learning options in Virginia.
– Featured speakers include: Andrew Campanella, president of National School Choice Week; Suzanne Sloane, head of school for the Virginia Virtual Academy; Colleen Cook of the National Coalition for Public School Options; Virginia Delegate Glenn Davis; and Virginia Virtual Academy parents and families.
– All Virginia residents are invited to join!
– This event is co-hosted by Virginia Virtual Academy and Public School Options.
– Friday, Jan. 29, 2021 from 2:30 to 3:30 p.m.
– This event will take place over Zoom.
This special event will celebrate school choice options available for children and families across the state. This event, which is one of National School Choice Week’s official flagship events for the state, will take place virtually. For a detailed guide to school choice in Virginia please visit the Virginia School Choice Roadmap.
National School Choice Week shines a spotlight on effective education options for children and is the world’s largest celebration of opportunity in K-12 education.
As a not-for-profit effort, we focus equally on traditional public, charter, magnet, online, private, and home education options. We are nonpolitical and nonpartisan, and we do not advocate for legislation.
Every January, our participants plan tens of thousands of events and activities – such as school fairs, open houses, and student showcases – to raise awareness about school choice across all 50 states. Year-round, National School Choice Week develops resources and guides to assist families searching for schools or learning environments for their children.
"Shining a spotlight on effective educational options for every child"