Job opening – join our team!
The multimedia communications associate will help National School Choice Week and its participants tell their stories effectively online. This position will involve creating and delivering compelling written and visual content across a variety of platforms, including social media, email, and through videography. The multimedia communications associate will be responsible for day-to-day social media posting, email marketing content and strategy, graphic design, video editing, the writing and/or editing of participant stories and testimonials, and assisting partners in the promotion of their events.
This position will report to the director of communications and external relations. A strong, demonstrated writing ability and expert-level proficiency with the requisite software programs for the below responsibilities, including PhotoShop, InDesign, Illustrator, Mailchimp (or an equivalent), are required. Applicants should have a minimum of two years’ experience in digital communications.
Please note: this is a full-time telecommuting position and applicants may be based anywhere in the United States.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Posting on social media, monitoring community engagement, and creating content on a daily basis – including the graphic design of informational graphics and frames
- Serving as the liaison between NSCW and our digital marketing consultants on social media advertising efforts
- Coordinating e-mail marketing programs, and maintaining a calendar of email marketing key dates, writing email copy, and managing subscriber lists
- Creating promotional templates and digital toolkits for National School Choice Week participants, to assist them in promoting their events, while also holding trainings for NSCW event partners.
- Oversee videography planning, and serve as the liaison between NSCW and our production firm, as well as with other television and video-based consultants, while occasionally serving as the videographer at NSCW events.
- Develop custom content to assist event planning partners with post event promotion efforts.
- Serving as a secondary graphic designer for basic NSCW informational materials, such as flyers and one pagers.
- Enhancing and editing photos for print and digital applications, in consultation with other team members responsible for our photo submissions program.
- Creating and updating short promotional video packages, as well as curating and editing b-roll and footage
- Editing audio sound bytes
Job applicants should apply by sending a cover letter and resume to Shelby Doyle at firstname.lastname@example.org.