Held every January, National School Choice Week shines a positive spotlight on effective education options for every child.
The goal of National School Choice Week (NSCW) is to raise public awareness of all types of education options for children. These options include traditional public schools, public charter schools, magnet schools, online learning, private schools, and homeschooling.
To meet this goal, NSCW encourages schools, organizations, and individuals to hold positive events that celebrate school choice options, while drawing attention to the need for even greater opportunities for children.
Started in 2011, NSCW has grown into the world’s largest celebration of opportunity in education. The Week is a nonpartisan, nonpolitical public awareness effort. We welcome all Americans to get involved and to have their voices heard!
National School Choice Week 2016 will be held January 24-30, 2016. The Week will be the largest series of education-related events in US history:
• 16,140 total events across all 50 states
• 13,224 schools of all types are holding events
• 808 homeschool groups are holding events
• 1,012 chambers of commerce are holding events
• 27 governors have issued proclamations recognizing School Choice Week in their states
• More than 200 mayors and county leaders have issued School Choice Week proclamations
• There will be rallies and special events at 20 state capitol buildings
Contact Us to Learn More
For general inquiries, email us here.