Held every January, National School Choice Week shines a positive spotlight on effective education options for every child.
The goal of National School Choice Week (NSCW) is to raise public awareness of all types of education options for children. These options include traditional public schools, public charter schools, magnet schools, online learning, private schools, and homeschooling.
To meet this goal, NSCW encourages schools, organizations, and individuals to hold positive events that celebrate school choice options, while drawing attention to the need for even greater opportunities for children.
Started in 2011, NSCW has grown into the world’s largest celebration of opportunity in education. The Week is a nonpartisan, nonpolitical public awareness effort. We welcome all Americans to get involved and to have their voices heard!
National School Choice Week 2016 will be held January 24 to 30.
National School Choice Week 2015 featured:
• 11,082 events across all 50 states and around the world
• 9,600 schools of all types participating
• 1,000+ events focused on homeschooling
• 21 governors issued proclamations recognizing School Choice Week in their states
• 160 mayors and county leaders issued School Choice Week proclamations
• Rallies and special events at 20 state capitol buildings
Contact Us to Learn More
For general inquiries, email us here.