National School Choice Week provides a perfect opportunity for local chambers of commerce and business organizations to raise awareness of the different K-12 education options for families in their communities.
Chambers of commerce can sign up for a free box of NSCW supplies, including NSCW’s signature yellow fleece scarves. Use these materials at any meeting, event or activity of your choice in January. Some chambers choose to mention school choice at an already-planned breakfast event or luncheon, while others use NSCW as an opportunity to recognize successful local schools, students, and teachers. How you celebrate is completely up to you!
If you are planning an event that is open to the public and will include more than 100 attendees, consider applying to receive even more free supplies and event promotion assistance as part of our Spotlight Program. Click here to apply and to learn more.
FAST FACT: During National School Choice Week 2017, 1,360 chambers of commerce participated. We welcome all chambers and business groups, from state organizations to those representing small towns.
- Sign Up for Free NSCW Supplies: Chambers of commerce and business groups can receive 50 yellow fleece scarves, signs, posters, lapel stickers and more – for free!
- Event Handbook: Download the complete guide to planning a National School Choice Week coalition-style event.
- Chamber of Commerce Event and Meeting Ideas: Need help thinking of what type of event to plan for NSCW? Check out 20 event suggestions.
- Post Your Event: Post your homeschool group’s event to the NSCW events map!
- Event Photos: Please send photos or videos from your event, meeting, or activity to email@example.com. We try to share as many school photos and videos on our social media accounts, and twice daily Spotlight video roundups, because National School Choice Week is first and foremost about you and the great work you do to improve the futures of America’s students.
- I Support School Choice Placard: Print this placard out for participants to fill out. Take photos of supporters holding the placard and post to social media using
- Social Media Profile Picture: Show off to your friends and family that you’re celebrating NSCW by adding our stamp to your profile picture.
- NSCW Logo: Use the NSCW logo on your chamber’s website, in newsletters, and on social media to enhance your participation.
- Official Dance: Watch our tutorial to learn all the moves to the official NSCW
2018 dance, set to “TBD.”