To all 10.8 million people that celebrated educational opportunity during National School Choice Week 2019, thank you!
We invite you to celebrate the importance of educational opportunity in your community during National School Choice Week. Your chamber of commerce can plan any type of event, meeting, or activity during NSCW. Whatever you choose to plan, make sure that it helps achieve your organization’s goals, and that it’s fun and celebratory! Here are some event ideas to inspire your own creativity:Here are some event ideas to inspire your own creativity:
- Hand out NSCW scarves at a chamber breakfast or luncheon, and talk about the benefits of quality educational options.
- Host a guest speaker at a chamber breakfast or luncheon to talk about the importance of education.
- Hold a poster or essay contest for local students, and hold a special event for the winners.
- Have chamber staff serve coffee and donuts to teachers and parents at a local school.
- Take photos of your chamber staff and/or board wearing NSCW scarves, and post the photos on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram using hashtag #schoolchoice. Share one of our digital stickers online.
- Invite teachers and school administrators to your office for special recognition.
- Host a panel discussion about the future of education in your community.
- Create a special fundraising event, with the proceeds benefiting student scholarships.
- Ask your members to donate money to help a local school, and present the school with a big check.
- Organize an education fair where local schools and other service organizations can display information.
- Announce that your chamber will sponsor a local academic team or school sports team, at a special event or press conference.
- Launch a new chamber apprenticeship or mentoring program to link students and local businesses.
As you share about the Week online, we encourage you to use the following hashtags: